This is one of the best soups I have tasted in a long time! It's so easy to make too. I like to serve with a toasted ciabatta roll, lightly rubbed with a garlic clove, and a drizzle of olive oil. Yum!
Shopping & Prep List
one medium Butternut Squash - peeled, de-seeded and cut into cubes
500g vine tomatoes - roughly chopped
6 cloves garlic - peeled
one red onion - peeled and roughly chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp cumin seeds
4 tbsp olive oil
2 pints vegetable stock
- Heat your oven to 220°C or 200°C Fan
- Add the squash, tomatoes, red onion, garlic, dried thyme, cumin seeds to a baking tray and mix with the olive oil. Roast in the pre-heated oven for approximately 35 minutes.
- Transfer the roasted ingredients to a large saucepan and add the stock.
- Blitz, and then heat through.
- Finally, season with salt and pepper to taste.